Monday, April 12, 2010

Use your knife!





Ok, firstly I am terribly sorry to have neglected all of my "followers" for so long.. But I'm back now and never see any of you anyways, so no complaining that Ive been a blog slacker.. (lindsey)


Last week, while walking past most of my ward having FHE, one of the girls noticed that I was carrying a long rectangular box and said, "kelly, I didn't know you could play the flute!?"
I looked at her very confused. (anybody that knows me knows that I am musically retarded) I laughed and said, "this isnt a flute...these are butcher knives!" she looked affronted and most of my ward looked at me nervously. After this encounter I realized that I should be more open about my being in culinary school. I am very proud of this and LOVE it. I just try to avoid seeing people in my culinary "uniform" (vomit) thats all :)

Showing you how I look in my nasty uniform is a one time deal! That was a fruit pastry my class made me for my birthday. PS making pastry dough from scratch is SO not worth it. very fatty and delicous though :)



I made this little guy in beginning bakeshop. Totally won the bread sculpture contest. (mom i did the "fishtail" that you used to do to my hair!)


This was my final show platter for Garde Manger class (cold foods) mixed veggi salad, canapes with dredged apples, chicken salad and candied walnuts, then a chicken gallentine down the center with a cabbage and carrot crust and spinach (among tons of other things) center. A+!

This is my advanced hot foods midterm. macadamia nut encrusted tilapia with forbidden rice garnished with fresh coconit, plantain chip, mix greens infused with a pieapple vinigarette, and finished with a pomegranite buerre rouge. I entered this into a competition I did last weekend. no metals but still got an A :) also, this was a practice one. the final product was much much prettier. sadly i didnt take a picture of it.

1 comment:

  1. you are a total blog slacker... but I am glad you posted. You would be so irritated at me if I blogged as often as you do. :) So you are doing all the cooking at the xmas party this year right? I want to taste all your yummy food. love ya
    Linds

    ReplyDelete